Tuesday, August 26, 2014

America's First-Ever Bipartisan Anthem! "It's Red, White and Blue"

This is the promo teaser for my new single "It's Red, White and Blue", America's very first bipartisan anthem! Here is the story about how this song came to be, as well as information on the national release, coming soon!

From 1998 until 2011 I worked for Bellsouth/AT&T and compiled a huge amount of what we referred to as "windshield time", which meant endless hours behind the whell of the company vehicle. During this time I listened to a lot, and I mean a lot, of AM talk radio...mostly 580AM Orlando, FL. Some of my favorite personalities were Clark Howard, Neil Boortz, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin and Michael Savage...and obviously I received a huge dose of right-wing brainwashing for years. I compiled enough information about politics and more to become a Fox News contributor! Hear me out, this gets interesting... With my so-called new-found knowledge I set out to social media sites to flaunt my talking points and win debates. I was fearless, logical, and frankly, unbeatable when it came to political debate...or so I thought. I always had to have the last word, and frantically did even more research to provide sources for my talking points so that nobody could defeat me in a discussion about which politician was the best, or which ideology was the most sensible. This carried on for a couple of years, but never once did I use all caps or vulgar language during my heated debates. I used my ability to reason with logical facts as my weapon. So, anyway, I was good, and I did this for a long time, making a few new friends along the way, and losing more, convinced that I could change the minds of even the most hard-core left-wingers!

Then I decided to start my own social network. You see, I am a musician, and Facebook hated that musicians were using their website to promote, so they made it difficult to invite large amounts of people to events, for example. This inspired me to create(with the help of Bryan Kezer) EZ Band Page...a new social network just like Facebook, but more friendly and geared toward musicians. While launching EZ Band page, Bryan explained to me that my political debate days were done, as I would have to become the face of EZ Band Page, and if I wanted it to succeed I would have to stop posting about politics, and religion for that matter. So, I did. I stopped. I still cared....I still felt the need to speak out, but I refrained for the sake of EZ Band Page. Consequently, although the website was amazing, it failed due to lack of funds to promote it properly.

As a by-product of the failing site I gained something even more important...an outside view looking in to other people debating about politics. Suddenly it seemed so silly. What I noticed was how mean and vulgar the conversations had become...much worse than anything I had ever written or said during my debates. It seemed like every time anyone would post anything even remote to politics, the vultures would swarm in and immediately start tearing each other apart verbally! It was an ugly thing to see America so divided along party lines, and I knew that while we were fighting amongst ourselves, the guys and gals on Capital Hill were having a field day with out tax dollars and partying and spending like drunken sailors.

Suddenly it dawned on me....I was driving the ThunderVan home from an AC/DC tribute show with ThunderJack and started saying to myself "It's not red or blue, it's red white and blue!". At this point I had this phrase, no lyrics, no melody, but I knew we were all in this together and if we didn't find a way to come together at some point, we were going to fail as a nation.

I kept the line in my head until I could find the time to work on it. That time came soon after...and I finished the lyrics to the song and recorded a quick version in my studio (LauberLand Studios). I then posted the tune on Facebook to share it, and I figured it would get 3 likes and I'd be on to the next thing. Then suddenly I got a message from Frank Starchak of Deltona Records Recording Studios!

Frank told me to take the tune down....that I had something special that touched him...and he wanted to produce it. He was hearing a "We Are The World"-style production, and thought it had great potential to be America's very first bipartisan anthem!  He told me to copyright it that night, which I did immediately...and then we starting planning the production.   We would get as many local musicians as possible to come and sing the chorus all in one night!

I put the call out on Facebook, and managed to get 50 local musicians to come and donate their voices to the project, and choir night was one of the most incredible and heart-touching nights of my entire life!  Those people came out because they believed in my song and its message!  I was overwhelmed, to be honest about it!

Next step was to get the people lined up for the verse recordings.
(TO BE CONTINUED!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome!